I realized that I needed to start updating this blog again. There are some amazing things happening, and I’ll be certain to keep you updated. In the meantime, I thought I would start by sharing what I’ve been reading and learning lately. Every Friday I’ll post five thoughts to share. Hopefully you’ll find some of these interesting.
- Leadership: I recently finished Team of Teams by General Stanley McChrystal. It’s fantastic book. The whole premise is that in a complex world, we have to rely on networks to defeat networks. Organizations that can deal with complex problems need to be structured as a network, not as a true hierarchical chain. To scale this network, we require a team of teams.
- Humor: This Youtube video will probably be one of the funniest things you see all week.
- Finance: This podcast on the Tim Ferriss show with Chris Sacca is one of the best podcasts I’ve heard in a while. In it, they discuss strategies for startup investing, personal development, and running businesses. It’s definitely worth a listen.
- Business: Currently, I’m looking to add one client to the Analytive portfolio. If you or someone you know could benefit from our digital marketing, analytics, and development efforts, please hit me up.
- Science/Interesting: Toyota introduces a hydrogen car. Elon Musk explains why hydrogen fueled cars are dumb.